Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Too busy.

The real thing I learned this week (so far) is that piracy is a real problem off the coast of Somalia. This caught my attention because after we've glamorized pirates - Captain Jack Sparrow, anyone? - piracy is an actual problem in the world. As far as I could tell, they're not taking crews hostage on the Black Pearl. Here's the story I found: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93893918&ft=1&f=1004

Some things that I've learned about myself this week include:
- A pregnancy craving for strawberry Pez will not be taken care of with cherry Pez.
- I am very excited, though overwhelmed, about starting school again.
- No matter how early I get to work in the morning, the car with the license plate "yelosno" will always get a better parking spot than me.

3 comments:

Andy Egizi, Program Coordinator said...

2 comments. First, it was wildly popular this semester so it was hard to get a seat, but we have a new online course this fall about pirates - from Vickings to Hackers. It may prove hard to get into in the future as well, but you might want to consider it.

Second, now I really want some strawberry Pez. I can even imagine the difference between strawberry and cherry so I can tell that the color of the Pez isn't enough to soothe the craving.

Anonymous said...

Ooohh lawd, I haven't had strawberry or any kind of Pez since I was much younger. That brings back so many good memories from my childhood. I think I'll have to take a short trip to the grocery store and buy some. Oh how my taste buds are craving right along with you Jess, lol!

Jessica said...

Andy, I saw that course once and was thinking that I'll have to try to take it in the future.

jsgirl - Go get you some Pez, girl!